Monday, July 12, 2010

What to do with all this basil?

I have a ton of fresh basil right now - about 8 large plants. I do not want it to go to waste. I dried two whole plants in my dehydrator - that way I can have garden fresh basil this winter. I also made this:
***Basil Sauce/Dressing*** 
 *1 C fresh basil 
*1/2 C EVOO - use your good stuff 
*1 garlic clove 
*2 t lime juice (lemon would work too, but I had limes) 
*1/4 t black pepper 
*1/4 - 1/2 t kosher salt

Combine all in a food processor or blender. Can be used as a sauce for grilled proteins - pasta - sandwiches - dipping sauce for breads - whatever you want to use it for. It would also be great on a salad. Follow this basic recipe and change out the basil for tarragon, mint, or even dill. Remember, when you are cooking - make a recipe your own. If you don't like garlic - don't add it. If you are in a salt free home - don't add the salt. If you would like to use sunflower oil - do it! You can make any recipe your own recipe by tweaking it your way. Don't be scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment