Friday, August 21, 2015

My Journey 8.21.2015

Today is August 21st - I am a little over 34 years old.

I missed my early doctor’s appointment back in June due to the head receptionist passing away.  I got lost in the shuffle.  I had rescheduled but was unable to make that appointment due to my menstrual cycle... So, I have rescheduled, again, for late October.  I love my doctor but so does everyone else.  It is hard to get in to see him.

On top of my annual visit and what not... I wanted to ask him about putting me on Metformin.  It may help me lose some more weight.  Hopefully that will help me feel like me again.

Any way.  After reading Woman Code by Alisa Vitti I have made some changes to my life.  I started taking Vitex.  I got off of birth control.  I have not had a missed period!!!  What?!  Yes!!  How amazing is that!  It may be all of my changes combined or this little herbal supplement.

I still take/use all of my other supplements – some of them are: a multivitamin, magnesium, zinc, ginger, cinnamon, cranberry, Vitamin C, calcium, a prenatal, Clary Sage oil, Clary Calm oil blend

I am still dairy free, but now I am just about fully plant based.  I don’t eat meat.  As most of you know, I’ve never really been a huge meat eater anyway.  I had eggs a few months ago… so I’m still working on it but I feel great.  I still struggle with not eating wheat.  It is a lot harder than the other foods.  It is in everything!!

I have been doing yoga for about a year now.  I had a small hiatus while moving but I’m getting back on track.

I’ve lost about 3-5 lbs this year.  So, that’s good.  Still have more to go.

I have noticed that this past year has been very more painful than most.  I’m not sure if it is because I’m getting older or if something is getting worse… but my abdominal pain is getting bad & my cycles are changing.  The pain is almost every day & is worse.  Sometimes I really wish my doctor would have given me the hysterectomy when I was 23 when I asked for it… would have saved me so much pain & heartache BUT no, I was too young in his opinion. 

That is all I have for now… will update in late October.

No comments:

Post a Comment